The Axis Advance offices will be closed on Monday, February 15, 2016 to observe President’s Day. We will be back open on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 8 am cst. If you have any questions, please make sure to fill out our contact form.
Interesting Presidents’ Day Facts:
- Presidents’ Day/Washington’s Birthday is a federal holiday in the United States. Even though George’s birthday was February 22nd, the day is officially celebrated on the third Monday in February.
- In the 1700s, George Washington’s birthday was celebrated while he was still alive, and many in the U.S. took part in the festivities. He was born in 1732 and died in 1799.
- George Washington was president for two terms, from 1789 to 1793, and 1793 to 1797.
- George Washington had important military roles prior to becoming president. Under his leadership, the American Continental Army defeated the British in 1783. Many believe he is the most important politician in American history.
- In 1879, approximately one century later, President Rutherford B. Hayes signed the bill making February 22nd a federal holiday.
- Abraham Lincoln’s birthday falls closely to George Washington but his is not a federal holiday. Many states still celebrate his birthday along with George Washington’s.
- Read More Facts